SILVER RING OF KARELIA
Petrozavodsk + Kizhi + Valaam + Kivatch + Solovky
6 days/5 nights
- Arrival in Petrozavodsk. Meeting with the guide. Transfer to the restaurant. Breakfast.
- City tour “The City of Peter the Great”. You will get acquainted with the history of the capital of Karelia and see its places of interest. Photo stop near the monument to Peter the Great.
- Departure to Kizhi Island by hydrofoil (1 hour 15 minutes).
- Excursion in the Kizhi Open-Air Museum of Wooden Architecture. You will visit the Kizhi Pogost which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the ethnographic village of the museum.
- Lunch boxes. Free time. Departure to Petrozavodsk.
- Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Free time to explore Petrozavodsk on your own.
- Early breakfast. Departure for Sortavala (250 km).
- Arrival in Sortavala. Transfer to the Valaam Monastery by hydrofoil (50 minutes).
- Excursion around the Central Monastery Complex with a visit to the Transfiguration Cathedral, the Church of the Assumption, chapels, monastery cell buildings, and domestic constructions.
- Lunch in the monastery’s refectory.
- Concert of the church choir in one of the churches of the Valaam Monastery.
- Departure for Sortavala by hydrofoil (50 minutes).
- Dinner. Transfer to Petrozavodsk.
- Breakfast. Departure for Belomorsk (429 km).
- On the way to Belomorsk a short stop in the Kivatch Nature Reserve. You will see the second largest plain waterfall in Europe and listen to the melody of its roaring waters. You will also visit the museum of nature, get acquainted with the wildlife of Karelian taiga and walk along the alley of well-known Karelian birches.
- Lunch in Medvezhyegorsk.
- Arrival in Belomorsk. Excursion to one of the most favourite tourist routes “Belomorsk Petroglyphs”. It is an archaeological complex comprising over 2000 images of wild animals (deer, elks and bears), sea animals (belugas, whales and seals), people and boats including the oldest images of a skiing man not only in Northern Europe but in the whole world. During the excursion you will make a trip to the Karelian past and comprehend the mysteries of the Stone Age.
- Transfer to the hotel. Accommodation. Dinner.
- Transfer to the pier. Departure for Solovky(4 hours).
- Walking excursion round the Central Architectural Complex of the Solovetsky Monastery. You will visit the Holy Gates, the Dormition Church, the Refectory and the Procurator Chambers, the Transfiguration Cathedral, the Annunciation Church, cell buildings of the XVII-XIX centuries and buildings of the Southern Yard of the monastery.
- Departure for Belomorsk (4 hours). Transfer to the hotel.
- Breakfast. Transfer to the railway station.
- Departure for Moscow/ St. Petersburg.